Conoco HD Fleet Supreme 10/30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schaeffers Lab

This oil can be purchased in quarts . It is a SH-CH-4 spec oil with Group II+ base stock

Phosphorus 2217
Zinc 1893
Magnesium 467
Calcium 4517
Silicon 5
Vi @ 100C 11.11

FWIW it has a -45F Pour Point

[ January 31, 2003, 05:30 AM: Message edited by: dragboat ]

quote:

Originally posted by dragboat:

This oil can be purchased in quarts . It is a SH-CH-4 spec oil with Group II+ base stock

Dragboat, Where are you getting this oil at? It has been years since I've noticed a Conoco oil.

This looks like specs on a motorcycle oil! Could it be a Cat. killer?
tongue.gif

I buy it from a local Conoco distibutor.

I let a local guy use some in a 1/4 mile bracket race car with alot of open spring pressure on the nose of the cam,,,it's working well.Sleeper oils are everywhere
smile.gif

Depends on if the motor tends to burn oil and to ad,all Cats are not created equal. Some of the type that comes on Miata look like the Random Technologies cat and would be very difficult to load up.If the motor used a bit of oil a guy would have to blow the motor out every once in awhile but those that use this type oil in a gas motor will do that anyway. This oil is a tremendous value IMO. Like I stated in my other post,I'm going to run the miles up on it even though it has had many trips of 3 minutes and mucho idling time de-icing the glass,,this is the old work car. It sets out so I start it and come back in for awhile. You know,doing all the things that kills oils
smile.gif
No hiway to speak of either on this interval

BTW,it's big brother the 15/40 has shown some of the best anaylisis numbers in Diesels I have seen,,this would probably be the Ford Motorcraft oil with a minute difference so to not be one in the same.

[ February 22, 2003, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: dragboat ]

Look at that big calcium number. Bigger than the John Deere sample you posted in January.

I had always thought the calcium in motor oil was used for two purposes. One acid neutralization and two detergency ( keeping stuff in suspension). Is that right?

The magnesium and calcium usually form the Detergent/Dispersant package, which in this sample is quite high. The higher the calcium the greater the tbn level should be. Most so-called HD oils ususally contain a high level of these elements along with a hefty ZDDP level.

Looks like it would be a great oil for older engines with 3K oil changes. I'm thinking of classics, muscle cars, etc.

[ March 01, 2003, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: MolaKule ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back