HTHS @ 150°C...... 3.97 cP
Pour point...... -51°C
Flash point...... 230°C
Total base number (TBN)....12.8 mg KOH/g
Sulfated ash level...... 1.57 wt. %

Plus-50, 0W-40 for U.S

[ February 03, 2003, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: dragboat ]

dragboat

Thanks for the VOA. Do you think the calcium overdose is due to the way tractors are operated. You know hour after hour at 80 or 90% power settings and a generally dirty environment?

What about street uses for this oil?

I'm real close to pulling the trigger on a TDI VW and they call for 5w-40 CH-4 oil. Now I do plan on using my Schaeffer's 15w-40 unless analysis tells me otherwise. But a back-up position short of Delvac 1 would be nice.

Neil,

I had to buy a case of this to get a sample VOA and I don't have a Deisel! I am not sure but I guess I will see if my Hotrod Car motor can beat it up or mix 1 quart of it with 5 quarts SL GF3 oil----just kidding.

I was very surprised at the additive package it has. FWIW it is a buck a quart less than Delvac 1.

What do you think? It should go 10k in a Volkswagen should it not?

You couldn't ask much more from a 0W40; excellent additive package.

I suspect it has Group III, IV, and a little of V oils for a base.

what do you all think of the price of this oil? I was quoted $5.80 per quart. Is it worth it?

Keep shopping my local JD dealer offered it to me for 4.98/qt. This particular item JD does not set the dealer price on. If you want to see more information on JD oils visit Deere.com and register an account to buy parts. This will get you access to lots of JD parts information.

You will be amazed at the products JD sells. Tools, air compressors, oils, automotive filters, shirts and coffee cups.

It appears they make more money selling the logo than tractors.

Thanks Neil. I figured that my JD dealer could do better on the price but they refused to.

the john deere oil mentioned above is a synthetic blend...i matched the part numbers from the their web site and the actual qt. of oil and on that qt. is says synthetic blend

thats the web site i am talking about the corp. person i talk to at john deere is looking into it and they are excellent for trying to help...i found a dealer here that sells all their oils and so far the bottles on the front with the same part numbers says synthetic blend nice big letters..but i noticed on the web site that the bottle there has a different label then the older bottles at the store but still has the same part numbers....all the techs are in arizona for a show but she will find more out today i will keep everyone up to date.

hi all, john deere called me and it was confirmed today that john deere's 0w40 plus 50 is a 100% synthetic oil...the deere store had the bottles with the same part number. i looked at the deere dealer supply of deere oil says synthetic blend but on the back i noticed that one of the api gas ratings said SJ so this is a very old oil!!!
obviously, deere has upgraded it to a full 100% synthetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back