Motorcraft 15W-40 Super Duty Diesel Motor Oil API CH-4/SJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
That motor probably has some residual moly in it .

I myself would run it straight in a LS1 , with 1/3 bottle of Valvoline Synpower additive
grin.gif

Sounds OK on the price , TX taxes oils different anyway right ? Plus you have jugs for recycling .

Hey guys,
I went to a local Walt-Mart Supercenter and noticed they had ~15 qts of MC 15W-40 oil. The price was $1.42 a qt, so I kinda felt raped by the Ford dealer where I had bought the 5qt jugs (read previous post) at $2.13 a qt. So, after I got home, I called the Ford dealer and told them I was taking their oil back. After a few seconds, the sales rep agreed, and so I took their overpriced oil back. Went back to Wally's and swiped 11qts from their shelf, plus an ST3675 oil filter (now $2.07 despite $1.99 showing on the shelf) and a pack of 5 micro fiber towels for waxing. All in all, I only had to add an extra $1.34 for the extra oil and other items!
I have a feeling I'm gonna sleep like a baby tonight!
fruit.gif

Anyway, I thought about Moto's recomendation for using the Valvoline Synpower additive, but on second thought, I will instead add a qt of Red Line 10W-30 or 10W-40 oil. My reasoning behind it is that RL is a full synthetic oil with lots of esters, lots of moly and better cold flow properties than the MC 15W-40 (for the coming winter season.)
I felt adding the Synpower additive would have diluted the MC oil adds with very little contributions as far as moly and base oil.

Let me know what you think!
patriot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back