Zinc 1395ppm
Barium 0ppm
SUS Viscosity@210F 76.2
Flashpoint 435F
Insolubles Trace
TBN 13.5

[ January 31, 2003, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: mikeyoilnutt ]

Well, well, well.

Valvoline is finally getting their collective heads out of their collective @$$e$.

It's about time these guys played catch-up!
rolleyes.gif

--- Bror Jace

I guess at my age it doesn't take much to confuse me, but this oil is recommended for use in the Dodges with Cummins diesel engines. And the analysis shows it uses Moly. Remember the paper by Cummins that stated not to use oil with Moly in it, dated in 1996. So now all you posters on another site that quote this paper as the reason not to use Schaeffer's because it contains Moly might have to rethink your position.

quote:

Originally posted by 59 Vetteman:
I guess at my age it doesn't take much to confuse me, but this oil is recommended for use in the Dodges with Cummins diesel engines. And the analysis shows it uses Moly. Remember the paper by Cummins that stated not to use oil with Moly in it, dated in 1996. So now all you posters on another site that quote this paper as the reason not to use Schaeffer's because it contains Moly might have to rethink your position.

Considering all of the Cummins engines destroyed by Mobil Delvac 1300 I would think everyone would know how bad Moly is for a Cummins is by now... NOT!

Gene

Pretty robust looking additive package.

And it has a decent base oil too (from the MSDS): 64742-54-7: 74.0- 84.0 %

That be Group II, II+, III, or some combinaiton thereof, aye?

That Cummings moly warning was a warning about using elemental moly. Like the moly used in grease. Not the moly used in modern properly formulated motor oils.

Check it out Moly 101 at the BITOG University. More advance courses are available.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/moly.html

[ September 21, 2004, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: Neil Womack ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back