Phosphorous 1007ppm
Zinc 1298ppm
Molybdenum 156ppm
Titanium 0ppm
Vavadium 0ppm
Potassium 0ppm
VIS@100C 14.75cSt
TBN 10.31

Thanks Mikey for the info on this oil. It appears to have gone without comment. This oil is API certified so the 1K phos limit. I have seen a few oil analysis from friends who run this oil and they were very good, so I ordered some for one of my diesels. UOA later this year as the truck is only used for pulling.

cheers.gif

it doesn't look like too many people use RP
by the lack of comments...
I too know people who swear by it...
But I was hoping to read more comments......

Maybe this will get more attention, now that Pennzoil Long Life has changed their formula and become Shell Rotella.

I am using Royal Purple in my 95 PSD right now. I only tow with this vehicle, so it may be another 6 months before I get a UOA. SOP tells me this is a good fit in this truck. But I do have the RP 75W140 in the diff and soon to have the RP Mercon/Dexron III in the trans. Waiting for the weather to cool before I attempt a full trans change including the TC.

cheers.gif

'59 Vetteman..
I'm thinking of using RP 15W-40 in my
'72 454 Vette....with their gear oil as well..
I just wanted to get more opinions on RP
before I made the change....

Nothing really jumps out at me from this VOA except that the oil has a good dose of moly. More than most but less than Schaeffer and (probably Red Line).

What's this stuff cost?

Does RP claim it's a 100% synthetic like their race oils or a synthetic-heavy blend like their street oils?

I look forward to any UOAs.

--- Bror Jace

Bro,

I don't have enough miles for a UOA yet but I will do one probably in January 05. One year on the oil.
Royal Purple uses a dilutent for their additive package in non racing oils. This has been discussed prior. I see this on Pennzoil 75W90 Full Synthetic gear lube bottles also.

smile.gif

Once my rebuilt engine is worn in and the bugs worked out I will run some RP 10-30 and do a UOA
Time will tell

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back