ADDITIVES
Zinc: 995
Phos: 989
Calcium: 1880
Magnesium: 469
Molybdenum: 3

CONTAMINANTS
Silicon: 0

We'll see how this stuff looks in a VW 1.8T soon as Terry has the sample.

Patman,

It is normal for Group III basestocks to contain a small amount of sulphur after the refining process. I have seen some baseline data on the special 5w-40 Castrol Syntec that showed the same thing ....This is the product that is only sold through VW/Audi dealers and meets the VW 502/505 specifications.

Lubro-Moly products are made by Liqui-Moly in Germany. www.liqui-moly.de

Lubro-Moly High Test Diesel Treatment and Diesel Purge are outstanding products.

Chris Thornton
Amsoil Dealer #1098500

[ December 19, 2002, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: TexasTDI ]

I would like to see a back to back test of the Lubro Moly and the Shell Rotella 5/40 Group III.

Any thoughts to which would win the protection battle ? Price vs performance ?

The container has no mention of it containing moly. However, the 10W-40, which is cheaper and not PAO based (I think) touts the use of moly
dunno.gif

I would love to see the Rotella compared as well. I'm sticking with Lubromoly until I see some of the other 0W/5W-40 oil analysis results. Based on that I might decide to test another brand. I was happy with the wear numbers, and at the end of the day, that's what counts. Terry gave me some suggestions, so I will test again at a longer interval to see how it holds up.

Quote:
". I was happy with the wear numbers, and at the end of the day, that's what counts."

You bet! All the data sheets,special advertising words does not protect the motor. Like you said the bottom line is what counts
cheers.gif

But I do tend to look at HT/HS and other data
shocked.gif
patriot.gif
Then sometimes disregard what I read
smile.gif

Doesn't look like anything special. I would feel cheated if I had purchased somethign with Moly in the name yet there's only 3ppm of it! Obviously marketing has taken over! Do they talk about it containing Moly on the bottle or is it just implied in the name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back