Amsoil 10w-30 - Titan Labs

Status
Not open for further replies.
This must be the formulation used in the sequence tests, very impressive!!
grin.gif

Look at the add pack of GC.

Pablo, you bring up an interesting topic. Can their be more to these oils then what a VOA will show?

I would think the second run on this oil would produce the same results as the previous formulation did . Thats a large amount of Magnesium they are using and ample Boron " some dino's use 7ppm " . In healthy motors Boron depletes or plates less on the 2nd interval from what I've seen .

It's a good thing we don't lube our engines with VOA's
smile.gif
betting this oil will still get the job done well . This looks like a Euro oil . Motul 300V 30wt comes to mind .

By chance did the price rise slightly to reflect more of a bit more costly basestock used now ?

ok, i don't have time to re-read everything that everyone posted, but i got a new virgin oil sample of amsoil 10w30. i think the numbers look better. this oil is from a new case.

Viscosity -cSt 100C = 11.5
SAE Grade - 100C = 30
Fuel Soot = 0
Water = 0
Fuel Dilution = 0
Antifreeze = 0
Chromium = 0
Copper = 0
Iron = 1
Lead = 1
Tin = 0
Aluminum = 0
Silicon = 2
Antimony = 0
Barium = 0
Boron = 81
Cadmium = 0
Calcuim = 2354
Magnesium = 816
Molybdenum = 0
Nickel = 0
Phosphorus = 1373
Silver = 0
Sodium = 2
Titanium = 0
Zinc = 1536

I still never got any TBN numbers. i forgot you have to request that test result, and i forgot to when i sent my sample out.

what do you think of the new results?

Other then the higher ZDP readings, nothing really stands out. Just a very traditional way to formulate. Thats about to change as they are reformulating as we speak for GF-4. Maybe some Moly.

This add pack looks much like their 0W30 add pack.

It appears they are using the Magnesium as a secondary FM.

If I were they, I would use a different FM (such as up the esters), lower the magnesium, and raise the Calcium by 1000 ppm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back