Can anyone tell me....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The REAL difference between the AMV and the MCV oils? Amsoil says that the MCV is better, and it should be, it's considerably more expensive. I have been running the AMV for some time with absolutely no problems. Just wondering what I will get for an extra dollar or so per quart with the MCV....

Try the Mobil1Vtwin 20w50 engine & primary and Redline Shockproof heavy in the trans. You will be happy & so will your engine.

The AMV will serve you just fine. I have the new oil in my bike and it seems to be ok too. The additive package in the new oil is supposed to be really good. But then again the older stuff seemed to always work just fine.

I bought every quart of the "old" versions of Amsoil 20W-50 I could find @ $3.78 per...

I would continue to buy all I could find, if I could JUST FIND SOME MORE!

Good stuff! Can always mix in a little 10W-30 or 10W-40 Chevron Supreme @ $0.59 if needs be.

Cheers!

The 20W-50 AMV and MCV (and the 10W-40 AMF and MCF) are made of entirely different basestocks.

Speculation has it that the newer oils use EOM's "plus" basestock -- which is very shear-stable, indeed.

Look in the motorcycle UOA section for the 5,000 mile MCF test from the first load of MCF in a Honda ST1300 that I posted a while back for a buddy. Blackstone did the testing, and you can see that the MCF faired very well viscosity-wise. Similar results should be expected from the 20W-50 MCV.

5,000 miles on a wet-clutch bike...anyone care to ante up an AMV or AMF UOA for that many miles?

You can use the MCV in the gearbox, as well as the engine. However, since I prefer to use gear oil in the gearbox, I still use the AMV.

Why, forever, not?

Normal oil change intervals are typically 6K using the factory recommended dino SG or Jaso MA.

I don't feel 5-6K is pushing it using a 100% synthetic.

Just IMHO, that is.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back