Amsoil White Paper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by o2man98:

quote:

Originally posted by Boaz:
is it possible that KBFXDLI is a troll?

Definately, a perpetual one at that. See more here. http://www.hdforums.com/m_331973/mpage_1/key_amsoil/tm.htm#331973

It really is a shame that people will go ahead and run their mouths off before thinking. What is thepossibility that the prices listed are the MSRP's of the listed oils. Makes sense to me.

Why were there no HDEO's in the test??? Hmm, THIS IS ABOUT MOTORCYCLE OILS!!! One's that are labeled as such.

You need to see a shrink...unless you are an Amsoil sales guy in disguise.
lol.gif

So if you guys are not part of a pyramid scheme...where you make your living on this "objective" forum. Then where are the Mobil1 "sponsors"? where are the Syn3 "sponsors"? where are the royal purple "sponsors"? why are there only Amsoil guys lurking on all these forums telling me I'm a troll? Or your idiot buddies chiming in talking about me running my mouth?

Here is the response I got from Don when I asked about Amsoil vs Syn3

If you have the time and are interested.....here is a report done on mOtorcycle oil's.

http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g2156.pdf

The reference to the "white paper" which is crap..so why don't you guys just grow some stones and admit you are scamming everybody with this rubbish to make a few bucks eh?

Unlike most private motor oil web sites, Bob Is The Oil Guy is not about selling you something. It's about educating you so you can make informed decisions about the life blood of your engine: motor oil.

(Hey guys you might want to take a look at the front page of this site next time you log in.)

quote:

Originally posted by KBFXDLI:
Sceondly, the "white paper" scores zinc levels with a variable of 1 thru 15. Look at the table and the lowest is Motul at 1048 PPM the highest is golden spectro at 2162 so Golden spectro gets a score of 1 and motul gets a score of 15. For that to be valid Motul would have to have 144PPM of zinc. SO THAT IS 2 CATEGORIES...WANNA KEEP GOING? So thats 2 out of 12 so far. What industry anywhere would support a report of any kind with that much error?

So the tests are scored on the order that the competitors finished. Isn't that how most things are done.

If you run a quarter mile race with 5 motorcycles finishing at 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14 seconds, (VRod whooped up on the Low Riders by the way), is it true that the 14 second run got 5th place. By your "stats" this must mean that the 14 sec runner should have had a 50 second run because his placement was 5 times worse than 1st.

Come on man, don't do this or insult me by saying I need to see a shrink if you have never even communicated with me.

quote:

Originally posted by o2man98:
Originally posted by KBFXDLI:
[qb] QUOTE]So the tests are scored on the order that the competitors finished. Isn't that how most things are done.

If you run a quarter mile race with 5 motorcycles finishing at 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14 seconds, (VRod whooped up on the Low Riders by the way), is it true that the 14 second run got 5th place. By your "stats" this must mean that the 14 sec runner should have had a 50 second run because his placement was 5 times worse than 1st.

Come on man, don't do this or insult me by saying I need to see a shrink if you have never even communicated with me.
Didn't you refer to me as a troll? This unfortunately is a report not a motorcycle race. Generally in real business or commerce that is done in a professional manner the use of statistics as a mathmatical analysys is employed. Especially when promoting a product based on this analysys. This method involves "weighting" all the valuse and not listing them as winners in a race. None of these oils in the report have such different variables that would give Amsoil such a high score and the others so low. It's just not possible based on that methodology. It's crap. These tests while valid on their own are not mutually exclusive in nature. But yet when graded with a 1-15 variable become statistically invalid. I am real sorry you guys don't understand this but that is no excuse for this type of a shameful marketing ploy. It is just not honest IMO.

This thread is absolutely going no where. The white paper that is referenced is typical of any oil company marketing. Take it for what it is. I can take you to most oil company sites and show you the same type of marketing. Accept it for what it is, marketing, Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back