Amsoil AME (15w-40) better that MCF ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be using this in both a 450 dirtbike and a sportbike. Both are very hard on oil. AS I understand the Diesel oil is okay for a wet clutch, I figured that the 15w-40 would hold up better than the 10w-40.

It seems that it would be a step above the Rotella T and Delo.

Ya sure, at least 2-3 steps above conventional delo. Your right the AME has no friction modifiers and should work well in your bikes. Let us know how it does.

If you plan to routinely extend the OCI, do some OA's, D in FC MAY WELL be right.

Good, better, BEST! Is there a demonstrable incremental gain that is even close to being proportional to the additional cost? Is it really worth the extra dough?

Which is better: $175 per liter Balsamic Vinegar and boutique' "EXTRA, extra VIRGIN" (?) Olive Oil on a salad OR Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar Dressing at $6.50 per bottle? Does price always reflect quality? Do you actually prefer Bernstein's @ 2-fer $5 because it is their Lite Fantastic?

Can YOU taste the difference? Is one REALLY BETTER or is it a bunch of elitist marketing drivel? Who is paying for it? I'll eat cavier on the cruise ship or at the Sunday buffet @ The London Grill, but I don't usually buy it at $50-75 per tin...

I saw a couple ahead of me at the grocery with a 4 lb. "MaxPax" of USDA Select Sirloin steaks @ $5.99/lb. The store had their USDA Choice Sirloin Steaks, on sale this week, for $3.99.

Which one would YOU buy? The term I use is "the oblivious": "More money than sense" is how my Mom used to put it.

If you have a $50K+ BMW M-series that spec's a certain esoteric oil I feel it would well behoove one to buy that oil while under warranty... It is not so critical, IMHO, in a bike that calls for an SG or JASO MA oil.

Just my opinion.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back