MCF vs AMF 10w-40 Amsoil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have a case of the AMF oil that I bought before the new oil came out. Would the new oil make enough of a difference to get a case of that & use the older formulation in the lawnmowers or are they about the same? I read the white paper comparing the new oil to others but have not see anything comparing the old to new formulations. When I went from dino to the AMF it was like night & day, shifting was much improved, slightly better mileage, ect. Would there be this kind of improvement although probably not on the same scale by going to the new formulation?

SteveU,

Check out my thread on the Triumph Testimonial. I haven't even put the new stuff in my bike yet (I'm going to this spring)

If you want to run the 10w40 in your lawn mowers that fine, but it will also work great in your bikes as long as you have it.

Heck I just can't get some of my accounts to switch over to the new stuff, they are so happy with the AMF old stuff.

I ran the AMF/AMO 10W40's in my VFR and they did just great. The new MCF I have in it now has not been it the bike long enough for me to tell how it does. When the motor is cold the MCF makes the shifting a little more notchy feeling maybe, and shifting is SMOOOOTH when it's all warmed up. I'd use up the oil you already have before ordering any of the new stuff.

When I finally use up the case+ of AMF I have I guess I'll have to start using the 8 quarts of 20W-50 I just picked up @ GI Joe's they were clearing out (for the "new" MC product, no doubt) for $3.87 per quart!

Oh, by the way, gallons of AME 15W-40 were $19.99 last week!

Gotta' LOVE that place!

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back