gold elves, finely ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Golden Elves from Germany meet the MixMaster of DOOM!

how will these vaunted elves fare in this battle of whirling gears and spinning cranks? will the magic of the Black forrest prevail over the blue titan from the land of the rising sun? will the MMoD and its gnashing teeth cause the elves to have their heads sheared off?

stay tuned in as this saga unfolds!!!

here are some pics of M0507.
to me, the elves don't look so golden anymore!!!
golden elf 1
golden elf 2

by my thumb you can see a few drops i put on a kleenex.

enjoy!

I don't know about you but that doesn't look like a normal castrol oil quart.

I have several quarts of M0507 and they are in the normal Black quart and I've opened up two of them - they are normal compared to the new'er ones... I'll check again once I get home to make sure they were M0507.

That definitely looks like used motor oil...

Hacker21.. that's an analysis botttle. It is used oil. I believe the point of the post is we will soon know how GC stands up to the rigors of motorcycle use. Every sample I have taken ahs been that dark or darker. It does not indicate the actual condition of the oil.

ok, for the visually impared here is a "tiny" clue.

what does a uoa test kit bottle from blackstone labs look like?

now, what would it look like just before it is sealed and sent off for analysis?

maybe, just maybe, GC doesn't look so golden after it is run in a *REAL* high performance motor that just happens to share this motor oil with the transmission?

Well, some of us visually impared people have yet to get their first test kit from Blackstone and/or haven't gotten one...

I have yet to get my first Blackstone test kit (ordered a month ago then again two weeks ago).

Have you used any other oil types/brands with this engine before? How do they compare?

I didn't see this as a bash against GC.
dunno.gif

I think some folks are just a little bit sensitive.
itschy.gif

Ok - How long did it take you to get your Oil Analysis kit from Blackstone sunruh and bryanccfshr? I ordered a kit probably 1.5 months ago - then I ordered one two weeks ago.

Does it take longer than the advertised 3 weeks?

Re Bryan's post: I'll agree...

I know my Friend has a Suzuki GSX r-600 (I think) bike and he wanted to know how well GC would do - so sunruh maybe you could lets us know how you thought it ran in your bike? He still has the factory fill in his but is nearing an oil change.

It usually only takes a couple of weeks. It comes in a cardboard tube. They just moved buildings so they may be a bit behind.

[ February 16, 2006, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: Bryanccfshr ]

Can you explain the picture? Surely that sample is not straight from the bottle! It looks like the stuff that comes out of my rotiller after a season of beating dusty clay.

WHEW I thought you were going to say that the Mobil 1 GNOMES and the Amsoil LEPERCAUNS have had enough of the ELVES and were going to kick the snot out of them
grin.gif

Hey Bryanccfshr - LOL When I went home yesterday - I actually got the Blackstone tube in the mail! lol

Now to keep myself from changing my GC Gold at 3,000 miles and sending it in!!!
grin.gif

pscholte - For oil to look like that at 55 miles - that is pretty rare?? I've run Mobil 1 for 5k and it came out looking brand new. GC still looks 100% new and I have 3k on it.

Then again, I have a Pontiac Sunfire - not a race bike
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back