adding syn to mineral

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all, could you please tell me if i will run into any problems adding a remaining quart of motul 15-50 ester oil into 2 1/2 quarts of havoline 20-50 mineral oil next service on my harley, as i don't want to waste it and don't wish to buy any more motul. in fact, will i have any problems mixing any auto oil at all or are all modern oils compatible?
hope this isn't a dumb question, but i am a recent member and this is all new to me

they are campatable as far as the mixing is concerned, however if you really weren't satisfied with the perfomace of the motul, i'd save it for the lawnmower or the like. the havoline will serve ya great, especialy for shorter drains, and if you choose to run an analysis on the havoline, the 15-50 might sabotage the final results a bit. penz

Agree with Penz...
smile.gif

i always do that to my 02 suzuki GSXF

whatever i had in hand, brands, 10/40, 15/50,
20/50, dino, syn, sl, sm..... i mix them up

never had any problem, no clutch slipperage,
no oil burnt, no engine hesitation.....

altho its not a harley, just some FYI

hello all, could you please tell me if i will run into any problems adding a remaining quart of motul 15-50 ester oil into 2 1/2 quarts of havoline 20-50 mineral oil next service on my harley,

?????????????

I don't understand why you want to do that, either run one oil or the other, IMO

And mixing ester and mineral oil is not a practice I would use, unless it's been scientifically tested and formulated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back