What to do with old MC battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is not about oils but I didn't know where else to ask. I figured with all the guys with bikes here someone would have a solution for me.

I just got a new battery for my bike delivered this week, mailorder. So what do I do with the old one?

quote:

Drop it off at a gas station or parts store. If they won't take it, drop it in the evening when they are closed.
They will just recycle it.

There are legitimate routes to go rather than just sneaking around at night and dumping your trash on others. Most cities have recycling centers where you can drop off batteries. Call around to different auto parts stores. Look around rather than taking the lazy route and just dumping your trash on others...

Any scrap metal recyclers in your area? Ours takes car batteries and will give you 2-5 bucks each depending on prevailing scrap prices at the time.

They also accept sealed lead acids as found in emergency lights and UPS's, but don't pay out anything for them.

Alex.

I called Autozone and they will take it.

I know the one recycle yard that takes "hazardous" stuff is only open 2 days a week and only a few hours on those 2 days. PITA

That's why I take my oil to auto parts stores too.

On a monday morning where I work, the metal dumpster is filled with anything from bicycles to car doors. Someone threw a motorcycle in one time! Oh well, better than over the bank.

Farm and Fleet takes 'em, I think. If you buy the battery there, they even give you a (very small) discount when you return the old one.

Otherwise, if I recall properly, any place that has a physical presence and sells batteries must take old ones for recycling, no purchase necessary.

Same for oil and used oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back