I need an answer quick please....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imperial oil recommend their XD 3 0 w 40 for my new ATV.Its an SJ

Suzuki recommend SJ carrying Jaso T 903 ( MA)

XD3 dont carry Jaso certification ? why are they recommending this oil ?

Also someone said on another board :

You realize XD3 (Extreme Duty - Series 3) oil is heavy duty oil for diesels right? It's loaded with detergents and additives to get rid of soot, sulfur and other contaminants that are in diesel oil. These are good for a diesel or severe use gas engine But running a oil loaded with detergents & additives as it can wear out the clutch discs in the tranny. !!!

Who's telling the truth ?? Am I ruining my and friends bike by recommending XD3 for motorcycle and ATV ?

About This jaso MA spec, it is a must to have or it is only a spec that a company may want to see on their bottle if they want to be a player in the motorcycle field ..

Thanks for your quick reply

Anti-wear and detergents are not the problem for clutch packs...it is the friction modifiers that seem to be the culprit of premature clutch wears/problems.

I don't think that running that oil will give you any problems. I use Maxima Ultra 0w30 in my SUV, and I don't worry about the ZDDP poisioning of my cat that is the issue with the heavily additized oils. I think that as with most oils, there is only a risk if you already have an existing problem, and the particular oil you use enhances this problem unknowingly.

Thanks for your input dad ;-)

We hear so many thing that it is sometime confusing, especially when you are a french speaking guy LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back