delvac 1300

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got home from a friends barn warming party. awesome bbq, dj, good looking gals, cold beer. i was riding the hd, so i didn't partake in the drinking part, surprise! around 50 miles each way, on the chilly side here in southeastern va today. changed the oil and filter this morn using mobil delvac 1300 15w40. bike ran awesome, i know this isn't a scientific test, but everything went well. no unusual noise, engine seemed really smooth. bike is a stage 1'd xlh 1200. yr 2000. might even use this oil in the summer months, 2000 mi, drains. i think it would compare well w/ the "360" hd dino. getting on the old side, night vision isn't what it once was, so we ran 75, 80mph the whole way home. i think i actualy lost less oil blowing out the air cleaner than i did when using valvoline synpower 20-50.
patriot.gif

A freind of mine has a 2000 model Buell and swears buy the Delvac and Rotella oils in it. I think he has tried about everything out there and has always gone back to those in his Buell.

Just put Delo 15-40 in my 1500cc twin, it shifts better (sounds less like glass breaking) than with the Valvoline 10-40 MC oil it replaced. I've another change of Delo sitting in my garage...I think I'm sticking with it or Shell Rotella...all reports I see say these two oils do very well in these big V-twin engines.

thanks for the replys guys, it was almost a whole month before anyone said anything....begining to wonder if it was my breath or sumpin! lol....we might have to start keeping how well these hdeo's seem to do in our bikes! otherwise, we might start running into the same situation as the guys driving for miles, store after store, looking for the "green gumi bear" castrol! penz

My friend said that the Delvac 1 oil change that he did with his Buell this summer (after I steered him in that direction...) actually caused his engine to consume oil. Relatively low mileage 1200. Believe that he used a dino HD oil before that. For what it's worth... I was surprised, actually. I love the stuff.

John.

as stout as these 15-40's are, maybe in the air cooled hd mills, they are more likely to burn off a little more than say, your friends original 20-50 wt. not sure. they seem to do ok in in watercooled sportbikes and metric cruiser motors. kinda weird that it would use more of the 15-40 now, than the 20-50 when the engine was still "new". anyone?

I have a air cooled Honda genset, in summers, I have tried everything from single weight SAE40 mineral to 20W-50 multi grade, the best results come from Delvac Super and Delo400 multigrades or single grades, in terms of consumption, what has happened to your friend happened to me too when I first switched to Delo/Delvac for my genset, the rings get cleaned up and initial consumption gets a little higher, however, it will settle to low consumption on your second oil change and you will see it will be far lower than the original 20W-50 used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back