TANK Racer 150 (150T-7A) Oil Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, this is not my scooter.
nono.gif

This scooter belongs to another moderator on the Acurazine forum, who asked me what oil should he use in it.

It'll see 1500-2000 miles of usage per year, and the factory's recommendation is to do the first oil change at 1000KM (625 miles) and change the oil every 4000KM (2500 miles) thereafter. This scooter has no spin-on oil filter, it simply has a screen. Based upon the climate, the manual suggests 10w-40.

I suggested that he use Rotella T 5w-40 Syn from Walmart as it should have fewer VII due to its syn composition, which would make it more shear stable than the 15w-40. (5w-40 has a VI of 176 versus a VI of 141 for the 15w-40)

Oil cost isn't a concern as the scooter only has a 1 qt sump.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Michael

[ October 31, 2005, 01:19 AM: Message edited by: Michael Wan ]

What oil weight do they spec? I would guess it is a low horsepower engine, so anything will work. Is it a wet clutch? I would say the Rotella would be more than adequate for that engine.

It specs 10w-40 based upon the ambient temperature, so Rotella T 5w-40 synthetic should be more than adequate in terms of cold weather flow and shear stability. I hope that with the better flow a 5w- has, it'll get better fuel efficiency.
grin.gif

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back