Suzuki fork oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of you BITOGers know who makes Suzuki motorcycle fork oil; Is it any good?

I went to my local motorcycle dealer to get some Amsoil 5 wt. fork oil, but they didn't have any. They had a bunch of other Amsoil products, but not the fork oil I wanted.
frown.gif
So, I picked up the Suzuki 5 wt. fork oil. I'm going to use it in my mountain bike fork.

honestly I personally wouldn't get too excited about fork oil. I have an RM250 and run what I can find when I change my fork oil. It's had Pro-Circuit and Maxima. Never noticed a difference. I don't think you'll have to worry about your mountain bike fork getting so hot that the fluid just degrades after one ride -- one thing you might want to try is different weights/oil heights if possible to see what you prefer.

The biggest difference will be in extreme temperatures. IE, your riding near freezing or over 100 degree.

The high viscosity index of a synthetic fork oil will keep the feeling of the front end the same.

I noticed right away when I changed out the oil in the Sprint. When it was cold it acted like there was molasis in there, It would take at least 20 miles for it to feel "right". With the sythetic it was great right away.

Same goes for the high temp, especially where you are working the front end a lot(like in the twisties) the hotter the oil, the thinner it will get. With the conventional, it would almost "pogo" when you got it hot. It does not do that now.

Fork oil is the cheapest upgrade to any front end when compared to the OEM el cheapo stuff.

I did the fork oil change yesterday. Nothing unusual to report. I can't tell any difference in the way the fork feels with new oil vs. the way it felt with the 2-year old oil that was in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back