How is Mobil1 Vtwin w/ fuel dilution

Status
Not open for further replies.
I considering running the Vtwin next OCI. I put bigger jets in the bike and am concerned about gas getting in the oil. With stock jets it wasn't a problem, but the bike ran really lean. The bike will see lots of elevation and temp changes during the OCI so it may run on the rich side. I plan on running it for 6000miles.

Why did you put larger jets in? Usually elevation causes an over rich mixture,"with carbs" If you didn't go up to many steps there most likely be a problem. Also feul evaporates when oil temps are up as on a long trip .

quote:

Originally posted by Huhwhye:
the bike ran really lean. The bike will see lots of elevation and temp changes during the OCI so it may run on the rich side. I plan on running it for 6000miles.

My bike was jetted excessively lean from the factory for emission reasons. I put the jets in my bike from 49 state bikes. I changed jets to where they should be for my bike.

Elevation changes and temp changes happen on road trips when you travel on your bike.

I did not change jets because of elevation. I just mentioned that the bike may see some time running rich because I plan on taking it over the Rockies this summer, among other mountains. So I figure the bike may run rich at times and want an oil that will handle it well. I heard Redline does a good job of this.

Back to my question. How does Mobil1 handle fuel dilution?

49 state jets shouldn't be washing anything down IMO. If the bikes uses CV style carbs they'll sort of compansate for alt change. You'll notice the power drop and probably use more throttle and get worse milage, but it won't be slobbering rich or anything to worry about.

If you get into montana plan lolo pass into your route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back