Amsoil 20w50 in twin cam 88

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I bought my 2001 FLHRCI Road King Classic it had had Harley dino oil ran for the first 20K. I switched to Amsoil 20w-50 motorcycle oil. Currently I am running the old formula, and just bought some of the new recipe. What is everyones feeling on a good synthetic in the twin cam motor? I run Amsoil in both my trucks and now my scooter and they all seem to run great on it. But I know that a motorcycle engine has differnt needs than a truck. I live in Texas and the heat on an air cooled engine is my main concern for the bike. I am running the Amsoil in all 3 holes and change my oil seasonally with 2K-3K on it. Thanks for any input.

The old Amsoil Motorcycle oil is basically the same as the Amsoil 20w-50, "High Performance" (ARO) formulation. The ARO stuff is approx $1.50 less per quart than the new 20w-50, MC oil.

Given your short service intervals, I think that ARO would be more cost effective to use....

Note that the old Amsoil 10w-40 MC oil is still being sold under the "AMO" label, ie the HP 10w-40 formulation, for about $6.00/qt, vs $8.00/qt for the new 10w-40 MC oil....

Tooslick

I also use the 20W50 AMV in my Twin Cam 88. I will be using the new MCV next time I change. Usually change it twice a year; Mid season and when it is put away for winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back