Raced my bike today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, not really. My local Harley dealer had the big tractor-trailer Teresi Dyno Drags thing in their parking lot, so at lunch today I went over with my 94 ZX-11 to see what she had. Basically, it's two dynomometers side by side to which one or two bikes can be on. It's like a drag race, but you never move from the dyno. Anyway, I raced a guy who worked there who was riding some Harley (don't know which one, it was friggin fast though). We ran the 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile, and 3/4 mile. I ended up winning all three distances, which surprised me only because I have never drag raced a motorcycle before. I did the 1/8 in 6.615 @ 106.5, 1/4 in 9.886 @ 123.4, and 3/4 in 21.558 @ 168.9. My max rear wheel HP was 130.1 which I thought was darn cool.
Oh yeah, I ghuess I better mention something about oil so this doesn't get shifted to another section.
grin.gif
I had just put in Rotella T Synth, Auto-RX, and Lube Control. Can't wait to analyze that oil!
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by DR Racing:
Was the weight of the bike entered in to the data if not the numbers you got are bung. Dan

Yeah, they put me and my bike on scale before they put me on the dyno. That being said, I still think the numbers might be a hair off, because I doubt this bike will do the 9's in real life in the 1/4.

I work at a Harley dealer in the Milwaukee area and last summer Teresi showed up with their trailer for a couple days of some good action. It is fun to watch and almost as much of a thrill as roaring down the dragstrip. One of our mechanics actually rode and works on the bike that won the National competition last year - a Confederate with a 124" S&S engine. Something like 170+ HP I believe, I dont remember the exact numbers. BTW, those are some pretty good numbers nicrfe.

The times are probably right if you could launch the bike perfectly.

Since the bike is tied down you don't have to worry about wheelies.

New stock 600s are running low 10's with suspension lowered and tied down in front.

Yes, this outfit is very cool, they have it at the Honda Homecoming last week of July in Ohio it is neat to watch bikes race each other on it, a stock 1200 bandit ran the quarter in low 10(tens) last year I swear, looked at the bike and there were no mods I could see. Donation to charity gets you up there to race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back