XD-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I did it. I replaced my SRX-600's oil with 0w-40 XD-3 last night. Am gonna give it a try this evening and see how it all works. Started fine but have not yet tried the clutch action...

Wish 'us' luck.

John.

Hey I was just thinking of running XD-3 0W-40 in my 4 stroke dirtbike (KTM 525). The manual calls for a 15-50 synthetic wand I am currently running Opti-4 10W-40 with no complaints. Would the 0W-40 be thick enough for my bike? The manual calls for an oil that also meets Jaso MA. Does anyone have insight on this? Please keep us updated John.

e

Well, the stuff seems to be working normally so far. The clutch action is fine as is the shifting. I'm expecting good things with this application.

John.

Keep us posted. Abuse your clutch lots and see how the oil hangs in.
smile.gif

Oh I do. With a big bore single dirtbike that sees lots of rocky hillclimbs my clutch sees more abuse in 10 minutes than my streetbike sees in a lifetime! So your clutch seems to grab fine with no slipping/chattering and the shifting seems ok? I have heard that the 0W-40 may shear down to a 30 weight. Keep an eye on it!

I would expect that every single forty-weight in a bike application will shear down (some faster and some slower) to a lower viscosity. I expect that this stuff is about as robust as you are likely to find. The bike works perfectly normally...

John.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back