JASO MA certification

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The JASO Engine Oil Standards Implementation Panel consists of six organizations; Petroleum Association of Japan (PAJ), Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association, Inc. (JAMA), Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan, Inc. (JSAE), Land Engine Manufacturers Association (LEMA), Japan Lubricating Oil Society (JALOS), and Japan Boating Industry Association (JBIA) as well as other concerned companies (lubricant additive manufacturers)."

Is the lack of any agencies, associations, etc. from places other than Japan affect how seriously I am to take the report offered?

Choices are:

Two Cycle Gasoline Engine Oil

Motorcycle Four Cycle Gasoline Engine Oil

Automotive Diesel Engine Oil Standard

How 'bout 4-cycle automobile gasoline engines?

Good points obpop. My intent in posting in the MC section was for those who have bikes that recommend a MA oil, and may want to see some of the choices out there. Not meant to be an advisory that MA is "best". Being an "all japanese " standard might make one suspect...? Pearl harbor and all you know.

And here's the Jaso FB,FC list for two strokes:

>http://www.jalos.or.jp/onfile/pdf/2T_EV_LIST.pdf

keep in mind both lists were translated from Japanese
so the product name may not read exactly like printed on the bottle.

quote:

Originally posted by obbop:
Choices are:

Two Cycle Gasoline Engine Oil

Motorcycle Four Cycle Gasoline Engine Oil

Automotive Diesel Engine Oil Standard

How 'bout 4-cycle automobile gasoline engines?

Since JASO MA is for wet clutches and very few autos have wet cluthces, who cares about JASO MA in regards to four cycle auto engines?

The JASO MA rating came about due to the concerns of Japanese motorcycle manufacturers that the new four cycle oils being developed for autos might not be suitable for use in wet clutches. I suspect that they account for over 99% of the wet clutch engines being produced worldwide.

What does Pearl Harbor have to do with oil!?!
Sorry, it doesn't have anything to do with oil and was a poor choice of words. It was kind of a flippant rhetorical reply to the author of 2nd post that I probably misinterpreted anyway. so sorry

Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

I typically use the "» Today's Active Topics «" link and, when replying, didn't notice the motorcycle topic heading.

It's a very rare day when I run across a posting using the active topics link that doesn't apply to cages, 4-wheelers, sedans, coupes, trucks..... you know, 4-wheeled conveyences.

When replying I automatically, without peeking at the topic header, replied as if I was in a car/truck/whatever section vice a motorcycle one.

Me bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back