forgotten hdeo's Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone use Pennzoil Hdeo 15w40 or Valvoline True Blue? The pennzoil looks to be a good candidate as its allison c4 rated for wet clutch. Yet no one mentions it...and its available at wally world? Why does no one use this?

I use Pennzoil LongLife 15w40 (bitog acronym= LL) and it's discussed on this BBS. Used to be at my wally's but is no longer. They simplified their oil lineup recently to coincide with the SM rating and are more into the Shell Rotella brand now.

Can't comment on the Valvoline, as I haven't used it, seen it in stores or on here. Doubt it's "bad".

There has been a lot of talk about the wet clutch / Moly issue with Chevron Delo HDEOs. Delo does meet the Allison C4 standard for use in wet clutches. I've been running Delo in all of my 4 wheel vehicles for years and I ran it for more than 120,000 miles in a wet clutch Kawasaki. I'm impressed with it.
I run Mobil 1 15W-50 for the Summer months in my Harley and Delo 15W-40 the rest of the year.
Go with any HDEO that is C4 rated and forget what some people say about the Moly issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back