Anyone try to new formula Amsoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't heard anything on it for a while. Wanted to see if anyone purchased it. It would be nice to see a VOA and eventually a UOA. I'm isterested to see the additive pack and how well it holds up. I would get some but I still have a supply of AMF as well as some M1 red cap 15w-50.

I have 14 quarts of the old 10W40 stuff on the shelf. I might have to wait until after next year to try it. That 14 quarts hooks up my VFR, XJ, and Dodge Shadow til a year from October. Bummer
wink.gif

I might use it on my next change before my trip in August. I'm doing a trip from Los Angeles to Yellowstone then over to Portland and then to Los Angeles again.

I want something that will last the whole trip. I'm using a 20w-50 in my BMW R100GS.

I changed oil a few weeks ago and put in the new (expensive) Amsoil.

Harley syn 3 was in it before and I use Amzoil 75W-90 in the tranny, so I did not notice a difference in running.

A friend added it in all 3 holes and said he did notice a bit of easier shifting compared to the original Amsoil MC oil.

quote:

Originally posted by Ninjaracer636:
Are you going to run an extended OCI. I'm really interested in how shear stable this is. The old stuff would shear to a 30 weight or lower.

I'm going to keep it at 5K intervals.

There is some data about how shear stable the new MC oil is. It stays close to a 50 grade for a long while.

https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/mcv.aspx

According to Amsoil, these new MC oils contain new "ground breaking" additive technology and will soon make its way into car oils.

I purchased the new formulated Amsoil when it came out in April and have it in my Harley Road King. So far I have several thousand miles on it and haven't noticed any difference in engine performance.

I use the 75W-90 in the tranny, but the new 20-50 in the primary and engine.

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
According to Amsoil, these new MC oils contain new "ground breaking" additive technology and will soon make its way into car oils.

Buster, you are this board's resident "social engineer", always getting the hot scoop.
cheers.gif
Do you have any more details on this "ground breaking" additive technology? I just picked up some of the 10W-40 for my ZX-11, looks like good stuff, we'll see how it works.

quote:

Do you have any more details on this "ground breaking" additive technology?

Unfortunately I don't. One of the head guy's at Amsoil responded to one of my emails regarding the new MC oils and whether or not this technology would "find it's way" into the ASL/ATM/TSO line. I received a response from Dan Alexander saying the new additive technology is ground breaking (marketing here guys) and will eventually find it's way into other oils. I noticed that the Mobil 1 EP additive levels are on par with the Mobil 1 MC oils. Recent VOA's of the MC oils show 290ppm of Boron. Makes sense to streamline these things I'd guess.

-

I have been running the old AMF 10W40 in my 2001 GL1800 since I bought it with 9100km.
I have over 36,000km as of today.
I changed the oil yesterday to the new MCF 10W40 even though I only had 700km on the AMF. I had just changed it last April!!
Any ways from what I have observed I can honoustly say that the bike shifts even better than before and also the temp is down almost a neddle width. Today was a really hot day here and it ran cooler than I have preveously seen it.
Looks like this new oil is going to be all what they (AMSOIL) say it is!!

New, better base oils is the word I got (no specifics, though). I can't speak to the add pack, but it is matched to these new oils and of course 100% wet clutch compatible and has improved gear protection.

"New, better base oils is the word I got"

Wonder if they are using XOM's new Group IV+?

Well, just bought 2 cases of the 10w-40 MCF. One for my Dad's Suzuki C50T (805cc) and the other for my Ninja 636. Both are water cooled bikes so I'm sure it will be overkill, for his bike at least.

XOM is now producing new upgraded PAO's called PAO + with lower volatility and better VI. You better believe Amsoil will be using these PAO's. Both Mobil and Amsoil need each other. Friendly competitors....
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back