Mobil 1 racing 2t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone posted here awhile back a namechange and relabel was coming, no mention of a change in the actual product.

Found this the other day, take it FWIW:

+++++http://www.geistware.com/rcmodeling/articles/oil_test/+++++

BTW I just took a look at the link posted. the "test" was pretty flawed IMO. Using a aircooled oil in a light load, low temp, constant throttle application like this will lead to carbon buildup. Counter to what the author claimed you need a high cylinder temps to burn the fuel oil mix completley. I have seen motors ran for 100 hours on MX2T that showed a slight, thin carbon pattern, with bare metal where the transfers dump in. The ring land area was bare metal, the exhaust pipe was spotless, the exhaust port had only a few spots of build up where the exhaust flow eddyed,and the area under the piston crown was clean as well.
Another thing to consider is the port arangment has a great influence on how clean the motor runs. Stihl and Husky chainsaws are a good example of this. A Husky saw will run very clean regardless of load and carb tuning(to a point, while a Stihl has to be tuned pretty close to the edge and be loading substanially to burn clean. Another example would be my the cr500 motor in my bike. It has stock jetting with the exception of 1 leaner pilot and the air screw adjusted daily and it burns so clean at 32:1 its scary. The honda cr 250 I had previously was the complete oposite.
A motor with poor transfer efficiancy will always be dirtier than one with a more efficiant port setup.

My very favorite 2 stroke oil has been replaced by Mobil 1 Racing 2t. Does anyone here have any info about the oil? I tried looking up the specs but could only find specs on the older MX2t.

Thanks!

Chris

Blano, As you know I use gallons of this stuff (MX2t). As far as carbon deposits, there is nothing unusual in the deposit department. As I have mentioned before, I use it in everything. I just took apart my hi time, abused echo 21cc trimmer engine (carb worn out) that has been used on MX2t. It was clean, with no carbon in the ring lands or blowby deposits on the piston skirt. Matter of fact, the entire engine looks really nice inside. The muffler on the other hand was coated in spooge. This oil is among the best ever made for 2 stroke engines, period.

However what I really wanted to know was if the oil had been changed with the new label. As I mentioned, the specs on the new oil I cannot find.

I still have 4+ gallons of the MX2t. That should last me through the season.

Chris

Chris, MX2T hasnt been reformulated. they just changed the name and put it in a racier looking bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back