Quality Fork oil that lasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who makes a good fork oil in either 5w & 10w, or 7wt.

I prefer 7w, but can mix 5 & 10 to get the right visc.

I'm looking for something I can put a lot of miles on. I ride alot and like to change it once a year.

i have read good things about the bel-ray fork oils. i'm sure they have them in different weights to cover everything from the sport bike, to the cruiser crowd. also the amsoil shock therapy stuff seems to have a following too.

huhwhye, sure enough bel-ray probably has your stuff. they have a high performance fork oil in 5wt, 7wt, 10wt,15wt,20wt,and 30wt. penzdude
cheers.gif

Great, thanks for the tips.

I think I'll see what is sold local tommorow. I'll go with either the Bel-Ray or if they don't have it I'll get the Maxima.

Thanks again. Going riding this weekend. 1000+ miles.

I have the Amsoil #10 in my ST.

It is like night and day compared to the factory stuff.

-

With AMSOIL Shock Therapy Suspension Fluid, viscosity remains constant and aeration and foam are greatly reduced, significantly limiting shock fade and inconsistent dampening. AMSOIL Shock Therapy Suspension Fluid is formulated for fade-free dampening and smooth rebounds in many racing and recreational applications, reducing rider fatigue and enabling the driver to ride longer and harder while keeping focused on the terrain ahead.

quote:

Originally posted by msparks:
I have the Amsoil #10 in my ST.

It is like night and day compared to the factory stuff.

-

With AMSOIL Shock Therapy Suspension Fluid, viscosity remains constant and aeration and foam are greatly reduced, significantly limiting shock fade and inconsistent dampening. AMSOIL Shock Therapy Suspension Fluid is formulated for fade-free dampening and smooth rebounds in many racing and recreational applications, reducing rider fatigue and enabling the driver to ride longer and harder while keeping focused on the terrain ahead.

lol.gif

I truly hope that was taken from a Amsoil ad and you really DON'T talk like that!!!

darrell
sin city

LOL, yes just a cut and paste.

I don't link directly to the product page anymore becuase it goes right into the store withouth my dealer # on there. So if someone orders, I get no credit, kind of lame really.

I do have personal experiece with the #10 product, and it works much better than the stock. If you rode anytime below about 60 degrees the suspension would be very sluggish, like too much dampening. Now I ride down in the 20's and works as if it's 70 out there. On the other side of the fence it works great in the heat or if I"m riding hard and the oil gets hot. It's supposed to have a good anti foam properties as well.

Castrol is the best I've had in my VFR.
It is multigrade , so it stays close to grade - important if you ride in a state where the roads are bumpy spray seal, and temps can reach 65c in the sun.

I've had great luck with using ATF in my forks. I usually mix it 50/50 with Honda 10 weight fork oil in my Buell and I just did the same in my CR125.

Trust me I do plenty of riding, heading up north tommorow to see the folks in Lake Tahoe. By friday I'll have riden 1500 miles this week alone. That's counting the 400 I did yesturday to visit some friends.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to know what to use when its time to replace. Isn't that what this site is all about?
dunno.gif

Mobil1 Full Synthetic ATF is about a 7wt.
A great performer that sems to resist oxidation far bettter than dino fork fluids will.

To know when to change the fluid out, take a wiff of the oil. Even a bike that has sat for long periods will need to have the fork fluid changed as a result of oxidation and acid build-up.

A bike ridden often needs to change out for metal contamination, even before the fluid has a chance to oxidize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back