Moto Guzzi 750 what oil to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

My 750 Breva really seems to be hard on oil. The oil turns dark after just a 1000 miles. The engine turns fast, 5000 rpm at 70 mph. Seems to run fine at this speed.
I have some Mobil 1 15W50, Shaeffers Racing 20W50, Shaeffers series 9000 oil. and also some Redline 20W50. Just wondering what the vote would be on these oils. The bike is fuel injected,air cooled with separate oil in transmission.
BTW the 750 Breva is a great fun to ride.

Join the club, I recently bought a LeMans and I too am thinking of what oil to use. To begin with, there is some question about correct viscosity. The service manual specifies 20w-50 Agip Racing 4T but according to informed sources on wildgoose.com 5w-40 is the latest recommendation. I'm at a loss there.
I think for now I will use BMW 20w-50 dino oil since I have some left over. It's formulated by Spectro Oil and should be good for the application.

quote:

Originally posted by TxRider:
Join the club, I recently bought a LeMans and I too am thinking of what oil to use. To begin with, there is some question about correct viscosity. The service manual specifies 20w-50 Agip Racing 4T but according to informed sources on wildgoose.com 5w-40 is the latest recommendation.

If it were me that would be an easy choice. The Amsoil Distribution center is located in Arlington. I would run Amsoil 20w50 year round in your area. Easy solution.

And I'm running a special for any purchases for the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back