1st ride today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA. 1st. day of spring and the 1st ride of the season for me. 26F today.
Lots of snow around but the roads are fairly dry.

Jim
79 - 750 Honda

You got that right.
My insurance for the cheapest I can get is
is $750. US. Using 20% exchange, that's $900.
Canadian. It's getting expensive. Especially with a riding season.
Jim
79 - 750 Honda.

$900 Canadian for HOW many months riding? On a '79 Honda 750? There must be a little more to the story than that?
dunno.gif

Glad to see that your able to get back riding, though!

Cheers!
cheers.gif

edit- "you're" vs. your as above

i'm halfway through the break in on the bike i bought in january.

i'm seriously considering dumping work this afternoon and going for the second half.

grin.gif

Bike is good to go. I think I'll roll it out tomorrow and go look for some gasoline. We've got a few +6C days coming up next week and I have a need for speed.
burnout.gif
I'm 25 and paying 1300CDN a year on an 81 GS1100EX and the insurance company doesn't know about my ticket.

Steve

WOW, an 81 GS1100ex. I had the same bike for about ten years. I had about 90,000 km on her when I sold it. I used mostly Castrol GTX auto oil in it because I didn't know any better (BITOG wasn't invented yet) :)I even made a few trips up near your neck of the woods,near Sturgeon Falls actually.

$327 a yr, full coverage. 2000' harley 1200xlh. dairyland insurance. the zrx1200r is around 600 full coverage. of course i'm an old **** with a good driving record!
tongue.gif

cabin fever setting in. the weather here in my part of va has been lousy for the last few days. windy, cold, and rain on and off. today, we are getting thunderstorms at the moment with a tornado watch in effect...
frown.gif
. wanted to get some seat time on the zrx. daggone that thing is fun to ride. power is right there. still under the break in on the motor. 150 miles. kawasaki considers the motor completely broke in at 1000mi. first service at 600. valve adjustment, coolant change, oil and filter etc. good thing is the valve adjustments are only every 18,000 miles afterwards! probably go to amsoil 10-40 mc oil at 1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back