Motorex Recommended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently purchased a '02 Husaberg FE501E. For those of you who don't know, this is a Swedish 501cc 4stroke dirt bike. The manufacturer recommends Motorex 5w50 oil. Does anyone have experience using this oil? Also, I search Motorex's website and found no 5w50 to exist from them. Can anyone clarify?

Thanks!!!

I don't know much about motorex but cycle gear carries it and it's expensive.
here is the US contact info

MOTOREX USA
Chuck Ramage
1932 Eastman Ave., Suite #107
93003 Ventura, California
Tel: 805 658 0900
Fax: 805 658 09 10
e-mail: [email protected]

I think that the manufacturer probably specified the 5W50 because they anticipated that the bike might be ridden on very, very cold days. (They're Swedes, remember?)
grin.gif

So I think the liklihood is that a good 20W50 would serve you just as well--unless you do plan on very cold weather riding.

Dan

Yeh, cycle gear carries it in the U.S.

it's like $6.79 per quart for moterex non syn, Yamaha has a 10w50 semisynthetic that should be cheaper, in case you need something quick and easy to find.

Assuming your not in the U.S>
If you have access to the Castrol R4 in 10w50 weight, it's very excellent.

I know most automotive & engine manufacturers have been recommending lighter weight oils due to tighter clearances between engine parts(Ex. Ford 5w20; DC 0w20,30,50). I was thinking I should probably stick with the 5w50 weight recommendation but was curious about the brand.

Dr. Redline said I should go with Redline 15w50, but again I would like to stay with the 5w50 recommendation. I was just curious if anyone had experience with the brand.

Husaberg also recommended that it be a full synthetic.

the 5w50 recommendation. I was just curious if anyone had experience with the brand.

Husaberg also recommended that it be a full synthetic. [/QB][/QUOTE]
The Motorex 5w50 full syn is $13 perquart U.S. Personally I wouldn't get too hung up on 5w50 versus 10w50. The 10w50 will probably hold up better in the transmission. Your going to find alot more selection in the 10w50 grade.
(((Castrol R4 10W50 Full Synthetic, I'd try it atleast once)))

Being that offroad bikes oil has to be dumped every few hours, I'd have to find an alternative to $13 per quart oil under that scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back