Chevron delo 15/40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking into the new chevron delo 15/40 for the tranny side,wet clutch (mx bike)03,05 KX250.It seems like a heck of a package for the price. I drop my oil every 1 or 2 rides,no need for synthetic,

I have used delvac 15/40 and rotella 15/40 with excellent results the delvac has a little dose of moly and the rotella none. I have read all 40 weight oils are not energy conserving and have no friction modifiers. The delo has a healthy dose of moly,so I am correct by saying not all 40 weight oils are friction modifier free!!!!!!

I am concerened about the clutch not grabbing with the delo,if I was running a thumper with the engine and tranny oil seperate on some models I would definetly run the delo in the motor side.

So what is the real scoop with moly and clutch plates? Is it fact or fiction?

Every bike seems to act differently with Moly.

Some people say it made their clutch slip and others have no problems.

I have a Kawasaki ATV with a manual wetclutch.

I'm currantly running Havoline 20w-50 and 1oz per qt of Valvoline synpower with no slippage.

I rebuilt the engine last year and when I first started it I broke it in on Pennz 5w-20 and 2.5 oz per qt or Torco MPZ with no clutch slippage.

With this much Moly the clutch was a little noisey when engaged but still didn't slip.

Most of my riding buddies just use car oil in their ATV's and dirtbikes and no one has had a clutch problem yet.

It's a decent oil. Should be ok for bikes with wet clutch as it has Caterpillar transmission rating. Very high ash content though which is not ideal for motorcycles. Ash content usally means more detergents - big diesel engines need more cleansers.
A better choice would be Chevron RPM Heavy duty 15/40. Has a low ash content and is Allison C4 rated as well making it good for bike wet clutches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back