Valvoline 4stroke motorcycle oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the info I dug up on valvolines website, for 10w40, the oil contains zinc/phosphorus wt% as 0.120/0.109, calcium wt% 0.230, flashpoint is 421, pour point is -27.4. Does this oil have a good add package? I can get it for $2.74 at meijer.

I don't know what kind of package it's got, but I've given it a try and I was VERY unhappy with it.

I went back to Amsoil (Mobil-1 for motorcycles was also VERY nice, as nice as Amsoil, but considerably more expensive).

Silkolene or Motul - give'em a shot! Depending on the bike, you can also run Mobil-1 for cars but I personally wouldn't recommend it -- you USED to be able to, but not any more.

I put some in my '01 Valkyrie Interstate @ 2,600 miles, replacing the oil changed at the 600 mile service at the Dealership (previous owner) and plan to run it until a filter change @ 5K miles, then a 3K interval with Castrol EVO (another Dino/blend JASO MA) until I go to my long-term favorite, Amsoil AMO 10W-40. Others think the AME 15W-40 is an excellent choice, which it probably is...

I did not notice any difference in the way the bike starts/runs/shifts with the Valvoline. My belief is that ANY OIL with a JASO MA rating ought to be fine for break-in purposes and/or 3K OCI's.
burnout.gif

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back