does anyone have a CURRENT list of non fm oils?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know that using the search reveals info about which oils are suitable for wet clutches and which are not. for example the old version of pennzoil long life 15w40 had moly and probably was not a good idea for wet clutches. the new pennzoil has no moly and might be a good choice for a bike calling for 15w40.

but sence formulations change, like the aformentioned pennzoil, usins the search feature may not reveal valid info on a pracitular oil.

i am interested in putting together a list of which CURRENT oil formulations have fm's and which do not. perhaps we can include dino and syn in all m/c compatible weights? i think it would be great to have a list of motorcycle compatible dino and syn oils all in one thread so that you can easily view the choices.

for starters, shell rotella t 15w40 and sae30 contain no fm's. rotella synthetic 5w40 is also probably suitable for motorcycle use.

mobil1 motorcycle oil also works.
the amsoil motorcycle oils are ok too.

the new pennzoil long life is PROBABABLY wet clutch compatible. dont quote me on it though. id like to get conformation on this.

can anyone else add to the list?
how about delo, gc, new pennzoil, havoline dino and syn, chevron???

Crypto, Here's a good place to start.

Look for the "Allison C-4" spec. A lot of (most?) dino 15W-40 HDEO has it. It's a wet clutch spec, among other things. There is also a CAT TO-4 spec that covers wet clutches that is often listed on the same oils.

Sometimes it's on their spec sheets but not on the bottle.

quote:

Originally posted by friendly_jacek:
Interesting. I checked both rotella and delvac today: both dinos have the allison C4 specs. The 5W40 synthetic ones do not.

I haven't run across synthetic that did yet. I also haven't looked very hard.

The Japanese specs are used a lot on motorcycle oil. The 2 I know of are JASO MA annd JASO MB. The MA has no friction modifiers in it and the MB spec has a reduced amount of friction modifiers in it. I have never seen the MB spec, but most motorcycle oils have the JASO MA spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back