I'm gonna run car oil in my quad now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far so good! Still running fine and the clutch doesn't slip with "car" oil.

It did slip a little bit then grab when I was using Havoline 10w-40 with 5 oz of Torco MPZ added though.

Right now it has Delo 15w-40 in it
cheers.gif

chris, on my xr I'd abuse the clutch riding enduros and the the plates would glaze and stick together and get grabby. I'd just drain the oil and refill it with 5/30 energy conserving starburst symbol. Go riding and by the end of the day the plates were free again, moly was a good thing, LOL.

A thought on the dry cam? The cam chain is probaly running through oil in the sump and slinging some off as it goes around the cam sprocket? could you make a scraper (wouldn't have to touch the chain) that catches this oil and lets it drip or splash onto the cam lobes?

Sounds like frequent wheelys would help too?

quote:

Originally posted by wileyE:

A thought on the dry cam? The cam chain is probaly running through oil in the sump and slinging some off as it goes around the cam sprocket? could you make a scraper (wouldn't have to touch the chain) that catches this oil and lets it drip or splash onto the cam lobes?

Sounds like frequent wheelys would help too?

I do as many wheelies as possible!
lol.gif

I've thought of doing something to help get oil to the intake cam. I was thinking of a dripper like BB chevies used to have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back