ATT Harley owners looking for oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems there is only two ways to oil those motors , expensive high end synthetic with mixed results or lower cost dino's and dump it early .

I'm not recommending this without a look at the additive pack but Pennzoil has a **** for stout 25w-50 race oil that is low cost and it might be just the ticket .

Pennzoil also has motorcycle specific oils that are low cost as well and the 20w-50 meets harley requirements . The cost is around 19 bucks for a 12 quart case online but I feel certain you can find it local in the yellow pages .The race oil is 1 buck more per case .

Just a heads up that your not stuck spending lots of bucks on synthetic nor stuck using the barely adequate car oils or HDEO's .

Pennzoil Motorcycle 10w-40 & 20w-50 data sheet

That 10w-40 might just be one great high performance car oil too and it's got me wondering if..................
smile.gif

It would be good if Pennzoil would show the ZDDP and moly content, if any.

The 20W50, according to the link, is coming in at a "17" on the centistoke scale. (Forgive me if I'm not handling the nomenclature very well just yet as I'm still new at all of this viscosity stuff).
blush.gif

If I'm reading Bob's chart correctly that 17 barely qualifies it as a 50 weight. It would presumably not require much shearing at all to put it into the 40 weight world. I believe Harley's dino 360 begins life as something like a 20...

However, the 25W50 you mention would be worth a look. If you find any specs on that oil please let us know.

Thanks for the post!
smile.gif

Dan

You can tell it uses a ashless D/D pack .

Zinc don't make the world go round
grin.gif
Thinking it has ample amounts of for a bike motor .

I mean ****
smile.gif
it protects while fueled up with roller springs having over 500lbs of nose pressure in some motors .

I would ease into a interval on it although that oil will not be a 30wt in 1500 miles like some 20w-50's
shocked.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back