what is everybodys change interval?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in chicago area so no winter riding, i use amsoil 10w-40 and change it twice a year, once in spring and once in fall before storage. i hope this is enough. I put about 4k on the bike, its a honda cbr 929.

I use Mobil1 10-30 mixed with mobil1 15-50 and go 3k miles between changes. I drive 1 mile to work, so I dont wont to go to many miles.

8000 miles with 10w30 M1
cool.gif

I recently changed out the Mobil 1 15w/50 in my '97 Honda at 3900 miles. Blackstone said the TBN was 8.7 so I'm shooting for around 6000 next. I'm going to Utah next week and after the trip I should have around 5500-6000 miles on the oil and I'll send in that sample.

i change every 2 thou w/ the mobil red cap 15-50 in the 1200 sporty. i know it's overkill but it's less than twenty bucks for 5qts a wally world and i also use it in the primary/tranny. probably will change once a yr in that application. i keep hearing good things about the valvoline vr-1 20-50 racing oil though. if i were to use a dino oil in her, it might be the ticket.

try, it sounds like you are have already found a winning combination with that 929. i know that the bike redlines way into the stratosphere compared to the low tech harley motor, but if i
'm not mistaken, it's also water cooled? eventhough it shares the oil with the transmission, i think the water cooled scoots are alot easier on the oil. good luck. ride safe.

Amsoil 10w-40. Every 4000 miles. I put on 8000 annually. ('02 Honda 750 v-twin)

In the past I switched around alot to find an oil that would help hold the clutch when I was racing. Now that I have moved and traded bikes round it looks like I'm using Amsoil 10W40 every 3-4K. The owners manual for my VFR calls for 8K oil changes. I just don't have the nerve to do that with a bike yet.

My '02 750 v-twin and my wifes '01 600 call for 8000 mile changes also. That is even with dino oil.

Hi All,
I have a KL-250 (aka Super Sherpa) with 15,000 miles. I've been changing my oil whenever the gears start shifting rough and she starts finding alot of false neutrals. This works out to an OTI of around 1,200 miles. I use dino 10w40.

KL250

quote:

Originally posted by KL250:
Hi All,
I have a KL-250 (aka Super Sherpa) with 15,000 miles. I've been changing my oil whenever the gears start shifting rough and she starts finding alot of false neutrals. This works out to an OTI of around 1,200 miles. I use dino 10w40.

KL250

KL, try a good HDEO 15W-40. I think you'll get alot more miles before rough shifting. I did on my Suzuki with Delvac Super 1300 15W-40.

I have no reason to think the S1300 is better than the other brand name HDEO 15W-40s, it's just the one I am familier with.

'93 ZX-11, AMSOIL AMO 10W-40 @ 3K intervals

2001 Valkyrie Interstate, just acquired with 2.4K miles on her: I changed the oil only with the Valvoline MC-specific (JASO MA) 10W-40 product until it hits the 4K interval (Honda's recommendation) at which time I will change to the AMSOIL product, in which I am very pleased!
fruit.gif

cheers.gif
CHEERS!

quote:

Originally posted by penzdude:
i keep hearing good things about the valvoline vr-1 20-50 racing oil though. if i were to use a dino oil in her, it might be the ticket.

It says on the Valvoline website not to use this oil in motorcycles. It is on the spec sheet for the VR-1 20w-50 dino race oil. I spoke to a rep, and he said it has loads of moly in it.

At most, I put on about 3000 miles a year, so I change mine once, right before storing it for the winter. One time some moisture got in over the winter, and the oil looked milky by springtime, so I changed it again.

I've used Yamalube 20W-40 previously. I'm switching to Shell Rotella T 15W-40 next time.

jons, i was saying i would consider it in a harley. seperate tranny from motor. i don't think moly is a problem in these as there is none of the clutch slippage issues going on. of course valvoline is gonna want you to use their motorcyle specific oil. if not, bikes will turn into pumpkins at twelve o'clock!
wink.gif
wink.gif
cheers.gif

oci of 2500-3000 miles on delvac 1300 and i put no less than 8-10,000 miles on a year.
i have a honda cbr929 that see,s regular weekend canyon carving, stunting and burnouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back