Burned a gallon of amsoil dominator

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a little premature,but some of you know I tried the amsoil in my 03 kx 250 a while back at 50:1. I was not impressed with piston inspection after 50 hrs. I ran klotz r-50 at 40 :1 looked much better and mobil mx2t look the best at 32:1.

To prove my point on oil ratios, is bike and rider specific,I am using amsoil again at 32:1,I just finished off a gallon of oil 32 gallons of gas (16 tankfulls)and Pulled my pipe. At 32:1 the amsoil is very very clean,the powervalves were spotless exhaust port clean as a whistle.The piston on the exhaust side looks very well lubricated,infact it looks the best I have seen compared to other oils and definetly looks better then running it at 50:1.The rings looked beautiful sitting in the grooves,nice and juicy no blowby whatsoever,not even the top ring.I did have some light carbon build up in the pipe which is very normal,but to my suprise I used my index finger and it fell apart like fine dust.

I am not judging this oil until I have enough hrs to tear it down,but so far I am very impressed and I will prove my point with pictures. I have pictures of the pistons using different ratios especially the amsoil at 50:1. I will get back after a few more hrs on this top end.

Its no supprise that a motor run with more oil will wear less and have cleaner internals than one ran with less oil. This has been proven over and over. Especially for someone like yourself that can tune a carb.
Problem is the avergae spode cant tune a crab to save there life. Their motors run so rich most of the time that the would have deposit issue if the ran 150:1!

quote:

Originally posted by blano:
Its no supprise that a motor run with more oil will wear less and have cleaner internals than one ran with less oil. This has been proven over and over. Especially for someone like yourself that can tune a carb.
Problem is the avergae spode cant tune a crab to save there life. Their motors run so rich most of the time that the would have deposit issue if the ran 150:1!

Totally agree with your statements! Even though I was running 40:1 before with the klotz and I am running 32:1 now with the amsoil. I had to drop my pilot 3 and the needle a half clip leaner also . We both know more oil leans things out a bit,but my findings with the amsoil is it ran richer.It goes to show different oils require different jetting,not always. I will post pics of all pistons when the time comes.

I find the Mobil 1 MX2T works very well at between 32:1 and 40:1.
I have settled on 36:1 for my GasGas 300EC. It is convenient at one pint to 4.5 gal.
I have found that proper tuning can get a engine to run clean all the way to 16:1 but anything above 32:1 tends to increase the risk of detonation.
The type of gas you use also matters. Pump gas varies to much for consisent jetting. You also need a gas with a faster burn rate than the typical low cost race car fuels. I have has very good luck with some Union 76 and Phillips 66 blends.

Gene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back