Honda CBR 1000RR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched the site for a little while to try and get a feeling on my choice. It sounds to me like my oil and filter choice is no less then decent, and some sound just short of great.

I went to Rotella T synthetic 5W-40 with a Supertech ST7317 filter on my first oil change. I would like to continue to use the same combo since I can get them both from the same place, for a great price.

I would just like to hear a reassurance that these are okay for my 13,000 RPM, 150 HP (and to think, Honda isn't the best engine performer!!!) daily driver motorcyle. I ride year round, rain or shine, hot or cold, long and short. I ride only 5 miles to work everyday, but I also make trips to southern California on occasion of 500 miles each way in temps up to 120 degrees or so
grin.gif

120 degrees is hot in full leathers by the way
grin.gif

I also plan to run the same oil and filter in my wife's Honda Shadow.

Most likely, I will go with the same basic combo on my other vehicles except in a 30 weight, and the appropriate filter. But, that is another forum
grin.gif

Thanks

I have an '04 CBR1000RR also. Just did my first oil change. Used Mobil 1 10W-40 MX4T motorcycle oil and a Honda oil filter. Honda changed the part number fittment for this bike. So untill I find out whats different I'm going with the OEM filter.

David

Rotella T syn is decent oil. If it was the only thing available I'd use it with no worries but I wouldn't go 5k miles on it like a top tier oil.

Supertech filters are cheap for reason. The ST7317 has about half the media as the OEM, 49in^2 vs 94in^2. So, how often does the ST go into bypass at high rpm when the OEM doesn't?

quote:

Originally posted by Big Dave:
I have an '04 CBR1000RR also. Just did my first oil change. Used Mobil 1 10W-40 MX4T motorcycle oil and a Honda oil filter. Honda changed the part number fittment for this bike. So untill I find out whats different I'm going with the OEM filter.

David

The oil filter is the same as the 600RR. The part number is different, but the filter is the same. They did that for tracking purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back