AMSOIL 15w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't seem to find out if AMSOIL 15w40 would make wet clutchs slip or not. I've heard it's friction modifer free, but they also recommend it for SJ and SL.

So go ahead and chime in. Thanks.

I would go with a JASO MA rated oil. The Amsoil 15W40 diesel oil may or may not be rated as JASO MA. A good oil, but I would tend to the Amsoil 10W40/20W50 oils in an engine with a wet clutch.

15w40 is the same formulation as the 10w40/20w50(AMO/AMF and the ARO/AMV) So go ahead and use it. It's the best oil for the price of any of the Amsoil line.

I would use it over the 10w40 anyday.

i use the amsoil high performance 10w40 oil in my 02' kawasaki vn800B. my clutch never slipped. I have been using it for 6500 miles now. i also use their chrome oil filter too. the chrome gives me an extra 5+hp!! lol

There is NO proven data to back up the claim that "moly" will make you clutch slip. Before majority of manufacturers came out with bike formulations everyone used car formula and there were no problems back then. Honda makes bike oil with Moly and they also make one without, the HP4.

The service manual for my VFR says specifically not to use oils with moly. Honda must have had enough problems with moly to specifically state not to use it. It's probably a real thin arguement, but why even have it at all. I'll stick to the non-moly oils, specified in my service manual, to play it on the "safe side."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back