95 kz1000 police

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any ideas on the best oil to run in these. I used castrol 20w50 gtx in my old 80 kz1000 and m1 15w50 with good results. Suggestions would be appreciated. thanks r.

quote:

Originally posted by dustyjoe1:
Any ideas on the best oil to run in these. I used castrol 20w50 gtx in my old 80 kz1000 and m1 15w50 with good results. Suggestions would be appreciated. thanks r.

We had some guys in the El Paso Police using Amsoil 10w40. I had an in with the guy contracted to repair the police bikes. 2 of the riders paid out of thier pockets to upgrade to it. They used it at extended drains of 6000 plus with no problems. I never did get to sell the whole fleet cause they thought it would be cheaper to rebuild the engine cause the guys never came in to get the oil changed when they were supposed to. We did it mostly as an experiment.

I would say the Mobil 1 15w50 would also work well in this application

this one looks like the former owner took some pride in it and runs like a swiss watch, in spite of over 50k on the clock. I was also thinking mobil 15w50 but some say then sl is not so good for clutch what is your take on this?

quote:

Originally posted by dustyjoe1:

Suggestions would be appreciated. thanks r.

Red cap Mobil 15w-50 would work very well for you and your post came in while I was typing .
smile.gif

Don't worry about the Moly and clutch slip .

Did you see the VOA of the Motul I use ? It's M/C specific and uses moly in the formulation .

[ March 23, 2004, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: Motorbike ]

I have this mental block on M1 which whispers that it does not provide as crisp a throttle response as some other oils, but I can't argue that it does a good job, so Ok guys twist my arm, guess red cap will do.
thanks

r.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back