scotts oil filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone here of this? its stainless steal and is supposed to be reusable. I've been hearing great things about them.

the trick to the stainless filters is to make sure you clean them really good. one benefit to paper filters is that you just throw the contamination out with the filter. with stainless it needs to be cleaned well.

hey bob, that pic looks like the same media as the old style main/standby filters on hamilton-standard valve housings. we have fancier filters than that now though.

-

You talking about this?

A fellow board member had it made:

"It filters down to 10 microns and offers almost zero flow restriction, even on cold starts."

"K & P Engineering made the filter for me and I believe they are going to set the price at approx. $85.00US

It filters down to 10 microns+/-."

Boy, the pictures of the stack-type filter took me WAY back to when I was a lifeguard, cleaning the pool filter down in the basement under the dressing rooms...

Diatomaceous (?sp) earth was the filter medium, in reverse flow onto canvas bags: lifting & cleaning 15 heavy steel trays about 3' in diameter, dirt & hair and suntan oil everywhere! UGH!

Sure kept the water clean, though!
lol.gif

i just changed oil in my bike. it does have a bypass but no anti-drainback. the filter is mounted inside the engine case and it is a dry sump so i don't think it "drains"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back