Triumph Mobil 1 Racing 4T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings all

I use the Mobil 1 Racing 4T "specially packaged for Triumph" in my Hinkley Triumph. I don't really mind paying the high $50 a sump-full price because I'd like to keep my local Triumph dealer in business, but I'd like to know more about the oil. Does anyone have any info it?

He also sells Silkolene 10W-40 synthetic at the bargain price of $40 a sump-full. I confess it's a long time since I saw any Silkolene, any info on this also?

Thanks in anticipation.

On a triumph form an Aussie posted specs for a M1 15W 50 (they sell MX4T in 3 grades) and its funny how it is almost Exactly same specs as our 'red cap' auto. I e-mialed tri.USA & I got this reply ; Good Day Sir.
I know there are a few minor misprints in some of our manuals. Some of the
misprints in the manuals are there because of changes that haven't been followed
through, and actually changed in the book.
You can be assured that the Mobil 4T oil with 15W-50 viscosity is recommended by
Triumph Motorcycles (America) Ltd. You can never go wrong by using it.
I apologize for the confusion. Please keep my contact information so that I may
be of service to you whenever you need me. Feel free to get in touch with me
anytime.
Cheers!

Peter J. Carleo
Customer Relations Manager
Triumph Motorcycles (America) Ltd.
Phone: (678) 854-2010
cheers.gif

sorry I dont have any informaion on it,

I also have a Hinkley Triumph an 02 sprint, I refuse to pay that much for the oil. While I'm sure it's good, I don't think it's that good. Especially when I can get Amsoil at 1/2 that even at retail.

quote:

Originally posted by TxRider:
Foremost in my mind is will the red cap Mobil 1
be a good substitute for the higher priced Triumph branded 4T racing 15w-50 in my 2000 Sprint ST?

I would say yes, if you use it will it damage your bike? No, If you use it and clutch performance is degraded can you switch back? Yes.

Simple as that. There are a lot of folks running the Mobil 1 Red cap in their wet clutch bikes with no problems. Would I do it? In a heart beat, if my oil of choice was not available.

I have used Red cap 15W50 in my 2002 Harley Primary (wet clutch) with no ill effects. I now use Amsoil 10W40 AMF with great results.

My first post at this forum, really interesting stuff.
I also requested clarification from Triumph on their branded oil and got exactly the same response on the triumphrat.net site. Very consistent...
Foremost in my mind is will the red cap Mobil 1
be a good substitute for the higher priced Triumph branded 4T racing 15w-50 in my 2000 Sprint ST? Mobil of course says to use their MX4 at about 7 bucks a quart and it's not available in 15w-50, just 10w-40 or 20w-50.

U-guys in the states are lucky U pay $14/jug for Rotella syn @ 1/2 the price of M1 ss. both are the same price inc. D 1 syn. @$40 Cnd.I have changed out my Motul 100% syn 10W 40 (white paper test showed it was golden amber with no rings @6500kms. 1st oil change after Tri. runin oil)I will be cutting open stock filter(nit. ADBV,even thought filter is up-sidedown,B-pass V. at bottom of filter, lots of holes in tube) & posting pics on t595.net & or t955.net. the Wix I've used apperes to have less S.area than factory(should have taken pics.)& has a gasket beteen b-pass & filter media. PS I'm now using M 1 ss 15W 50(as factor rec. & same wieght as Tri. 4T. At @10^C oil light goes out Immediatly afer S-up, NO tick, NO cluch Slippage& Soother engagement, Gear changes appere smoother,& eng. apperes to be quiter. ? Did notice sight glass has a vertical white milk line & a littel haze mayby due to moistur form storage?

[ March 11, 2004, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: Brio ]

I have a Hinckley Triumph Bonneville and can not find the Mobil1 Racing 4T 15w/50.
I have located Repsol 4T 15w/50 Synthetic, is this a comparable? ($24.95 4litre jug)
Thanks in advance to any replies and comments.

quote:

Originally posted by panick:

I have located Repsol 4T 15w/50 Synthetic, is this a comparable? ($24.95 4litre jug)

I've never seen any of that. But isn't there an Aprilia race team that is sponsored by them??

Anyhow, if it's synthetic and it's 1/2 the cost of the Triumph stuff then I'm sure it will be fine.

quote:

Originally posted by panick:
I have a Hinckley Triumph Bonneville and can not find the Mobil1 Racing 4T 15w/50.

Thats a deal on that oil ! I'd say go for it all the while looking for the like deal on the Maxima 15w-50 Synlube .

I'm using M1 15w50 red cap in my 03 Triumph Sprint ST for about 2000km's now. I get no clutch slip, and no oil use in that time.

My bike almost always sees redline in first and second gear. That wonderful triple loves to rev.

I feel confident in this choice, based on my research...and like Brio said:

"On a triumph form an Aussie posted specs for a M1 15W 50 (they sell MX4T in 3 grades) and its funny how it is almost Exactly same specs as our 'red cap' auto"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back