Good oil for pocketbike 110cc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
if its a honda 110 then use anything, no really. those engines are bulletproof.

use cooking oil if you want, it doesnt matter.

10W40 of some stripe should do it, I would think. If the engine is old you may want to use 15W40 diesel engine oil in warmer weather, but I think I'd avoid Chevron Delo as it now appears to have moly in it--which might (according to sporadic anecdotal evidence) cause your clutch to slip. There's no moly in Shell's Rotella 15W40, so I might be inclined to try that. It'll clean up the engine a bit better than regular automotive oil.

You've got no oil filter (do you?) so I'd change the oil out pretty regularly. The Supertech oils at Walmart should afford you some good, low priced options for frequent oil changes--they even have a nice 15W40 diesel oil which may be (may be) re-bottled Rotella.
smile.gif

Dan

The bike is brand spaking new. I am not sure it will start as I haven't got the bike yet. It is on its way. I will be getting it sometime next week.

It is made in China so the first thing I will do is drain the Chinese oil and stuff it with a good one for preventative measure.

I am not even sure if it has oil filter. I doubt it.

So do yall not recommend any synthetic? It only takes a quart, so I don't mind spending another 5 bucks on it.

quote:

Originally posted by cryptokid:
if its a honda 110 then use anything, no really. those engines are bulletproof.

use cooking oil if you want, it doesnt matter.

Its not a Honda, it is a Chinese Knock off of one. My guess is they aren't as reliable as a Honda or they would't be so cheap. For a Synthetic it is hard to beat Amsoil 10W40 for the money. M1 10W40 MX4T bike oil is good also but it a couple bucks more than Amsoil.

Hey guys,

I tried searching but haven't found anything. I have a pocketbike that has 110cc engine I believe it is a copy of Honda 110cc(don't quote me on it). I believe the tranny and engine shares same oil. What is the good oil for this bike?

TIA,

Michael K.

Yup it is chinese knock off for sure. As I hear, those Honda 110cc is so old that their patent expired. Since tiny motorcycles are primary transportation in China, there are millions of small engines in China being manufactured by chinese factory. This one is manufactred using Honda manufacturing equipment(as they say).

They do mention that it is a true work horse.

Thanks for the recommendations! Keep it coming!

Michael K.

I would run some ordinary dino oil in there for awhile and then switch to synthetic.

I would be more comfortable running 20/50 in a small air cooled engine in the warmer weather. Those little suckers get very hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back