Mobil 1 racing 4T synthetic Triumph factory oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know more about the oil packaged especially for Triumph. It has a motocycle on the label and the word Triumph under the motorcycle. I took a photo of it yesterday with my Palm Zire and will try to post it later if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Very, Very pricey.

quote:

Originally posted by wulimaster:
Anyone know more about the oil packaged especially for Triumph. It has a motocycle on the label and the word Triumph under the motorcycle. I took a photo of it yesterday with my Palm Zire and will try to post it later if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Very, Very pricey.

I have an 02 Triumph. I would not pay $50 for 4 liters of this oil.

I tried to get my triumph dealer to carry Amsoil. He doens't believe that I can get him Full synthetic for less than half that. OH well his loss!!

quote:

Originally posted by msparks:

quote:

Originally posted by wulimaster:

Very, Very pricey.

I have an 02 Triumph. I would not pay $50 for 4 liters of this oil.

I tried to get my triumph dealer to carry Amsoil. He doens't believe that I can get him Full synthetic for less than half that. OH well his loss!!

Here it is.

http://www.azsbk.com/a9650000.html

First of all, both products are premium quality fully synthetic motorcycle oils that will provide exceptional performance in all 4-stroke motorcycles. There are a couple of small differences in the products, as part of their expected application and target market segments, but the core high performance additive system is the same for each product.

Mobil 1 for Triumph is a SAE 15W-50 grade product, based on Mobil's European Mobil 1. This product was fully tested by Triumph in-house and therefore is fully approved and recommended as the preferred product for Triumph motorcycles.

Mobil 1 MX4T is an SAE 10W-40 viscosity grade developed for the US market, where a 10W-40 grade is preferred for 4-stroke motorcycles, particularly Japanese sport models

In addition, we offer Mobil 1 V-Twin, an SAE 20W-50 grade, targetted for hot-running V-Twin powered bikes, particularily those that are air cooled.

As mentioned above, all three products will provide excellent performance and durability in any 4-stroke motorbike. However, we offer the different grades to target the needs of different customers and different motorcycle manufacturer's recommendations.

quote:

Originally posted by scooter996:
First of all, both products are premium quality fully synthetic motorcycle oils that will provide exceptional performance in all 4-stroke motorcycles. There are a couple of small differences in the products, as part of their expected application and target market segments, but the core high performance additive system is the same for each product.

Mobil 1 for Triumph is a SAE 15W-50 grade product, based on Mobil's European Mobil 1. This product was fully tested by Triumph in-house and therefore is fully approved and recommended as the preferred product for Triumph motorcycles.

Mobil 1 MX4T is an SAE 10W-40 viscosity grade developed for the US market, where a 10W-40 grade is preferred for 4-stroke motorcycles, particularly Japanese sport models

In addition, we offer Mobil 1 V-Twin, an SAE 20W-50 grade, targetted for hot-running V-Twin powered bikes, particularily those that are air cooled.

As mentioned above, all three products will provide excellent performance and durability in any 4-stroke motorbike. However, we offer the different grades to target the needs of different customers and different motorcycle manufacturer's recommendations.

welcome.gif

Thanks for the information.

welcome.gif
scooter996 I have used the MX4T in my 250 Ninja. I ride very conservatively so I probably will switch to either a Mixture of M-1 10W-30/15W-50 or maybe even the 10W-40 Chevron Supreme (MX4T is $2 more than Mobil 1
mad.gif
. Does 15W-50 M-1 have fewer friction modifiers than 10W-30 ??? Does the MX4T have more ester than the regular M-1 ??

Mobil 1 car formula has different Viscosity Improvers. It doesnt have fewer it has differnt types. EXAMPLE-Main difference with the bike oils are they contain more anti foam since bikes rev much higher than cars do. I have found through testing Mobil 1 15w50 car formula last or doesnt break down as quickly as the MX4T. This is tested over a 800-1,000 time peroid. Varying from track days to street rides.

YOu know the biggest thing, is that the Triumph manual calls for 10w40. Not the Racing 15w50. Though they would have you believe you have to use the Triumph branded product. There are lots of triumph riders out there paying about twice what they should.

I recommend 10w40 synthetic for all triumph applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back