v star again

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, i think i need to clarify. i have nothing against mobil 1, or from what i have heard their excellent oil for v twins. it's just that it runs around 8 dollars and some change a qt, where as the amsoil motorcycle oil is 5.85. still, some suggestions would be helpful. thank you

quote:

Originally posted by penzdude:
oh, i think i need to clarify. i have nothing against mobil 1, or from what i have heard their excellent oil for v twins. it's just that it runs around 8 dollars and some change a qt, where as the amsoil motorcycle oil is 5.85. still, some suggestions would be helpful. thank you

Penndude, I used Delo 400 for about 2500 miles as a break in oil on my Triumph. Then I went to Amsoils 15w40 Semi-syn diesel oil for the next 3000. That brought my to 6000 on the bike at which time I swithed to the Full synthetic 10w40. In my opinion the Amsoil 15w40 full synthetic is another good choice, it even less expensive than the 10w40.

I've read good things about running Delo or Rotella in Jap bikes. The only problems that I've heard or had is shift quality deteriorate after some time. I noticed this on my Spring with the Delo. at about 2,000 on the oil shift quality went down significantly. Whereas the even the Amsoil Semi-syn stayed good though the whole 3000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back