New Shell Oil for Bikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shell's Advance line of lubricants have been around for a while, just not in North America with the exception of a few marine and two stroke oils.

What? a new holy grail to find??!!
shocked.gif

I am not sure where the evidence or proof is that Amsoil being the bset. I am sure it has something to do with ball bearing test or something that really isnt required by the SAE. Yes you will get more horsepower using Amsoil. However your bike will run 20-30 degrees warmer. I tested all fully synthetic oils on the same dyno, same viscosity, the same bike in identical conditions. Mobil 1 made the bike run the coolest and provided 2nd greatest power gains. Ill take less heat for better protection any day of the week over total HP gains. Amsoil is a good product dont get me wrong.

quote:

Originally posted by scooter996:
I am not sure where the evidence or proof is that Amsoil being the bset. I am sure it has something to do with ball bearing test or something that really isnt required by the SAE. Yes you will get more horsepower using Amsoil. However your bike will run 20-30 degrees warmer. I tested all fully synthetic oils on the same dyno, same viscosity, the same bike in identical conditions. Mobil 1 made the bike run the coolest and provided 2nd greatest power gains. Ill take less heat for better protection any day of the week over total HP gains. Amsoil is a good product dont get me wrong.

Can you publish the test and results?

Let me check if I still have results. It was done 3 years ago on my zx-11. Ill see if I can. I would feel bad in a way because I am sure all products have been reformulated since then but let me check before I say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back