I'm scared to leave mobil 1 15w50 in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately i've been hearing that 15w-50 is not a good idea to run in my type of motorcycle. So now, my question is should i wait two more months to change it before i store my bike for the winter or change it right now?

M1 won't hurt the bike.....Leave it in, it is a good oil. and NBo, it won't make a clutch slip. If yours does, it's on it's way out anyway. If your curious, look at the post titled " 5w-50 or 20w-50 in this section. Now go back to sleep!!!
cheers.gif

[ August 22, 2003, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: Tim H. ]

quote:

Originally posted by trey:
Lately i've been hearing that 15w-50 is not a good idea to run in my type of motorcycle. So now, my question is should i wait two more months to change it before i store my bike for the winter or change it right now?

Bollocks! Why would you take it out? If you're worried, take a sample for UOA. I'll be posting mine as soon as I get the results from Blackstone.

Get that crap out of there. Replace it with fresh M1 15w50 and buy electric gloves and vest.

Well, ... maybe you should try a 10w40 if you're going to ride when it's a bit chilly.

IMO, a good syn 10w40 works all year round. But I rarely ride when there's snow and ice on the road. When I have, it wasn't much fun.

quote:

Originally posted by trey:

i use 10w40 all year around i use amsoil motorcycle oil or their High Performance oil. never had my clutch slip or anything.. btw my scooter is a 2002 Kawasaki vn800B

Get it the heck out of there! And make sure to replace it with any other brand and viscosity of oil.

M1 15-50 is probably the best heavy duty oil available. Tests regularly show superior performance vs. other brands and viscosities.

I wonder what oil OCC was using when the had the engine sieze in the Apache chopper? Did you see that epidsode.

OCC - Orange County Choppers (NY)

Found an interesting thread by someone in a foreign country with no access to motorcycle specific oil. He called Mobil and they told him that the 15-50 was fine to use. Interesting, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back