Harley on amsoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to talk a local shop who does work on Harleys to stock Amsoil and I have received a little feedback on the first bike they did an oil change on. It seems they had to turn the idle down quite a bit after the oil change. That particular bike gets a couple thousand miles a week on it and I may have some more feedback from the rider soon, although it will be mostly subjective.

quote:

Originally posted by wulimaster:
I managed to talk a local shop who does work on Harleys to stock Amsoil and I have received a little feedback on the first bike they did an oil change on. It seems they had to turn the idle down quite a bit after the oil change. That particular bike gets a couple thousand miles a week on it and I may have some more feedback from the rider soon, although it will be mostly subjective.

I wonder if this is urban legend....almost word for word the same story appeared in older amsoil sales literature....Im not sayin the guy told you a tall tale.....but......

fwiw, in all the motors I went amsoil crazy on when I became a dealer, not one suffered loosey goosey idle problems...

quote:

Originally posted by QuadDriver:

quote:

Originally posted by wulimaster:
It seems they had to turn the idle down quite a bit after the oil change.

I wonder if this is urban legend....almost word for word the same story appeared in older amsoil sales literature....Im not sayin the guy told you a tall tale.....but......

fwiw, in all the motors I went amsoil crazy on when I became a dealer, not one suffered loosey goosey idle problems...

He was the mechanic and had only put it into 3 bikes when i had spoken to him. two of the bikes were rebuilds and he had to adjust the idles from scratch so no differences would be noticed. The 3rd bike was just in for an oil change and that is ho he noticed the diference. I do not think that he ever read the literature on amsoil. You have to remember that the oil he drained out was HD dino 20w50 and was at the end of its useful life.

He didn't offer the info, I had asked him if he noticed any difference since switching and that was his response. I had been referring to his bike which had been rebuilt but he hadn't rode it more than around the block yet. It is too hot for most riders here now.

When I switched my Honda from the OEM dino junk to synthetic of the same weight I too had to lower the idle, 200 RPM.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back