Polaris 0W40 Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I'd like to find this out, as well.

I see you are from MN, why not just stop by Polaris HQ and ask them?
grin.gif

Originally posted by Lightman:
I wonder if it's the amsoil 0w-40 ATV/4stroke synthetic relabeled.. [/QUOT]
Not just no but **** no.

Amsoil doesn't relabel any products.

I would venture to guess that the 0w40 is made by the same folks that make the Victory Oil as well.

That 0w40 is quite expensive compared to Amsoil's for sure though. I have an account over in El Paso, that used to sell Polaris. They gradually have switched all their customers over to the Amsoil product with great results.

I buy the Polaris stuff for $5.25 a quart from my dealer. I don't think that is expensive.

Someone told me they thought Mobil 1 made it, I don't know if that is true. Who makes the Victory oil?

I just went to the dealer today to get oil for my Polaris Sportsman. He sells Amsoil and Polaris brand 0W40 for the same price (5.75). I decided to try the Amsoil this time. I had been using Polaris oil before, but he said that he thought the Amsoil might be a better oil. He said he has had good luck with it. We will see.

Early versions of that oil was made overseas , the new stuff is made in the USA but I have not figured it out yet who makes it .

I need to get a deal on the Aprilia Oil used in their dry sump motors to try out. It is made by either Aral or Fuchs , leaning more towards Fuchs .It's some good stuff .

Fuchs has a zincless car oil in Europe available in a 20 and 40wt.
cool.gif

I've been running the Amsoil 0W40 this winter with no problems. The moter starts and runs fine in any temperature. We have had some -20 days too. I was told that Polaris will not tell anyone who makes their oil. I can get Amsoil for 5.75 a quart and I change in the spring and fall, so that is pretty reasonable for me.

I've used the amsoil 0w40 in my ATV with a lot of success. It's $5.10 a quart online....not bad. If I were to use anything else it would be mobil 1 mx4t 10w40.

If anyone is in the midwest, Mills Fleet Farm has Amsoil for 5.37 a quart this week on sale. I saw that the 0W40 Atv/Mc oil was included in this sale.

How do you know this? I did a search for Lube-Tek and it looks like it is some kind of technical support for Chevron.

Brett, thanks for the info. It looks like they must blend and package the oil for Polaris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back