New Mobil MC oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be old news, but at work we have a news wire and a story came across last week that Mobil improved ther Motor Cycle oil. Just thought I'd let you know....

Thought we could bring this back up if anyone has any info. I have been less that happy with the shifting of the 10-40 non SS and has had to be dumped after 2000 miles.
frown.gif

ARE we talking about the mobil 1 mx4t? if so, it does make shifting a bit harder i noticed i think, but good stuff i guess

Yes the MX4T and I suppose the V-twin stuff. I have not read of one person happy with the shifting performance of the stuff. At $8.00 a pop it better perform! I am through with this stuff. "Four bottles of Mobil 1 10-40 bike oil for sale..." Amsoil is on deck!

I've been using Mobil 1 15w/50 car oil in my '97 Honda since it was new. I currently have 44,000 miles on it and it runs great. The MCN oil articles basically stated that most oils will be fine as long as you stay away from the "energy conserving" oils. I personally think the motorcycle only oils are marketing hype. There was an article in MCN a few years ago about a guy who had an older CBR900RR that used nothing but 10w/40 dino oil for over 200,000 miles (he even raced it a few times). I use Catrol GTX 20w/50 in my old Kawasaki 750.

I noticed no difference between the mobil 1 mx4t and the mobil 1 15w-50.

7k on the 15w-50 and 1k on the mx4t.

i use amoils 10w40 m/c oil and enjoyed smooth shifting. then i got brave."lol" and tried amsoils' 10w40 Highperformance oil. Not m/c and my scooter 2002 (vn800B) kawasaki shifts smoother than i could ever hope for, and NO clutch slippage at all.

Chalk up another big + for Mobil 1 "red cap". I've been using it in my modified '99 Magna 750 and it's holding up great. Posted a UOA recently, good results, still running this oil. Works fine in motorcycles, has high levels of P & Zn, has low levels of moly, and is not an energy conserving oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back